Trust is the cornerstone of everything we do and team performance, results and success depend on it. How do you build trust? Do you.... Stand behind what you say you are going to do? Find common interests with someone at work? Organize team building sessions?
Check out these 10 easy tips to build trust with anyone, from your best friend at the office to the person you try to avoid.
- Schedule a regular communication check-in and commit to it.
- Turn on your camera during conference calls.
- Ask for questions from remote attendees before fielding questions from people in the room.
- Ask an open-ended question before you state your opinion.
- Question your own assumptions and pause before you speak.
- Dedicate a day of the week to listening.
- Invite someone to lunch that you haven't talked to in a while.
- Create an agenda item for 5 minutes at the beginning of staff meetings that is a lightning round of recognizing others' achievements.
- Advocate for someone else in a meeting.
- Appreciate the small things and let others know.
So get to it and check out these posts for more inspiration!
The workplace is becoming more and more global, creating new opportunities and challenges for each of us. Here are some tips to navigate working with folks across cultures.